For most ordinary people buy Batik in very low prices is always expected, most people do not understand why there is a piece of batik fabric at Rp 100,000 (about US $ 11) , but there is also a batik fabric for Rp. 2,000,000 (US $ 220) or even more, what is the difference ?
Actually a piece of batik have value because of :
1. whether the batik is created by canting or written batik ? or
Mr. Basuki is batiking
2. whether the batik is made by stamp and finalized by canting ? or
3. whether the batik was made by small-eyed of canting or have large spout of canting ?
4. whether the batik is made on silk fabric ? mori primisima fabric ? mori prima fabric or specific brand of mori*)
5. whether the batik, designed by an expert ? or famous person ?
Mr. Iwan Tirta Batik Maestro
Mr.Tirta’s design for the Leaders
6. whether it is new batik or reproduction ?
Mrs. Atie Soery0’s collection – Batik Belanda 0r Dutch Batik
7. whether the batik was made by hand writing and the batik have very fine dot and clean ?
8. If the age of the Batik above 40 years have a high selling value.
Now, is your choice…
*) Mori is a kind of fabric that use for batiking