This is our activities in ‘Griya Peni – Mbatik yuuuk’, since June 2022 we call Griya Peni Art Space
Sharing Knowledge on:
- Brief History on Batik
- Philosophy behind each Batik Pattern
- Types of Batik
- Batik materials
- Batik Processes
- Tips in choosing batik pattern or how to use Batik correctly
After the Covid 19 , 10 people only for each workshop/day.
The workshop only 2 – 3 hours, (the pattern will be provided by team).
If you interested take private course, please contact Mrs.Indra Tjahjani +62 811 1683 98
- Cotton Hanky 27×27 cm or 35×35 cm
- Cotton Scarf 27 x 110 cm 0r 35 x130 cm
- Cotton Big Scarf 110 x 110 cm or 50 x 150 cm
- Cotton Kain Panjang/Jarit/long skirt 110 x 225 cm
Price includes all material & coloring. You may borrow the canting tools. (you may also ordered the packet of tools and material from us in advanced )
Note : Price for Overseas Workshop – depend on which country that the workshop will be held.
After the Covid 19 we only doing the workshop in Griya Peni Art Space (with Kedai Kopi & Herbal Tea), it located in the border of East of Jakarta and Bekasi ( for detail you may contact Mrs Indra by WA only +62 0811 1683 98 )
Before Covid we conducted :
- In Indonesia : for big group we will have the workshop in Museum Bank Mandiri in Old City of Batavia or Jakarta Kota or in Estubizi co-working space in Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta or others.
- You may invited us for any special event– prefer open garage or veranda; We need a lot of fresh air.
We are also provide some tools for you to practice by your own, just contact us for price and handling (+62 811 1683 98 (Mrs. Indra Tjahjani )
1. fabric around 2.25 x 105 cm width with classic pattern ready to wax/hand writing – Rp 250.000
2. canting – traditional pen for waxing @ Rp 17.000 (one point)
3. wax – to start your own Batik @ Rp 15.000,-/block for about 0.5-1 meter fabric. or @ Rp 120.000/for about 8 size wok if melted.
4. paraffin – to make special effect of cracking Batik @ Rp 35.000,-/block
5. small kerosene stove @ Rp 65.000/piece (pre-order)
cover made from earthenware/traditional ceramic process (keren dari kreweng) @ Rp 400.000,- (pre order)
7. small wok (wajan) diameter 16 cm @ Rp 40.000,-
8. mori or fabric for making Batik primisima @ Rp 45.000/meter
9. brush for sweeping your paraffin @ Rp 20.000/piece
10. Pembidang or plastic frame/holder to hold your small Batik @ Rp 28.000/piece
11. Gawangan or Batik hanger made of Special Bamboo @ Rp 400.000 (SOLD OUT)
12. Hanging Ladder made of Special Bamboo @ Rp 400.000 (SOLD OUT)
13, Wooden Batik hanger or Gawangan, size 110 cm wide and 155 high (price as request)
all prices without handling n sending with Tiki or JNE ( depend on weight and volume and location )