This is the activity in ‘Griya Peni – Mbatik yuuuk’
Sharing Knowledge on:
- Brief History on Batik
- Philosophy behind each Batik Pattern
- Types of Batik
- Batik materials
- Batik Processes
- Tips in choosing batik pattern or how to use Batik correctly
Minimum 20 people and maximum 200 people. If it is more than 100 people might be divided into two groups if the Workshop held in Indonesia; if outside Jakarta or might be in your country maximum 20 people in one time.
The workshop only 2 – 3 hours, (the pattern will be provided by team).
If you interested take private course, please contact Mrs.Indra Tjahjani +62 811 1683 98
- Cotton Hanky 27×27 cm or 35×35 cm
- Cotton Scarf 27 x 110 cm 0r 35 x130 cm
- Cotton Big Scarf 110 x 110 cm or 50 x 150 cm
- Cotton Kain Panjang/Jarit/long skirt 110 x 225 cm
Price includes all material & coloring. You may borrow the canting tools. (you may also ordered the packet of tools and material from us in advanced )
Note : Price for Overseas Workshop – depend on which country that the workshop will be held.
- In Indonesia : for big group we will have the workshop in Museum Bank Mandiri in Old City of Batavia or Jakarta Kota or in Estubizi co-working space in Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta.
- You may invited us for any special event– prefer open garage or veranda; We need a lot of fresh air.
We are also provide some tools for you to practice by your own, just contact us for price and handling at +62 811 1683 98 (Mrs. Indra Tjahjani )
1. fabric around 2.25 x 105 cm width with classic pattern ready to wax/hand writing – Rp 250.000
2. canting – traditional pen for waxing @ Rp 17.000 (one point)
3. wax – to start your own Batik @ Rp 15.000,-/block for about 0.5-1 meter fabric.
4. paraffin – to make special effect of cracking Batik @ Rp 35.000,-/block
5. small carosene stove @ Rp 65.000/piece (pre-order)
cover made from earthenware/traditional ceramic process (keren dari kreweng) @ Rp 300.000,- (pre order)
7. small wok (wajan) @ Rp 37.000,-
8. mori or fabric for making Batik primisima @ Rp 40.000/meter
9. brush for sweeping your paraffin @ Rp 15.000/piece
10. Pembidang or plastic frame/holder to hold your small Batik @ Rp 25.000/piece
11. Gawangan or Batik hanger made of Special Bamboo @ Rp 400.000 (Not available anymore)
12. Hanging Ladder made of Special Bamboo @ Rp 400.000 (SOLD OUT)
13, Wooden Batik hanger or Gawangan, size 110 cm wide and 155 high (price as request)
all prices without handling n sending with Tiki or JNE ( depend on weight and volume and location )